Your kids will love helping make spooky Oreo spiders for Halloween with this easy decorating project, and they’ll love eating it even more!
Supplies for Oreo Cookie Spiders:
- Chocolate sandwich cookies (I used double-stuff)
- Black licorice rope
- Pre-made Wilton sugar eyeballs
- Buttercream frosting or royal icing (pre-made from a can or tube is fine)
1. Using kitchen shears, cut off about 1 inch of the licorice rope. Now use the shears to cut the rope in quarters lengthways. This gives you 4 skinny “legs”. Repeat so you have 8 legs.
2. Gently twist open your sandwich cookie and press the ends of the licorice rope into the side with the frosting, 4 on each side.
3. Put the cookie back together. Press somewhat firmly, or use a dab of frosting to help it stick back together.
4. Use two dabs of frosting on the top to hold the eyes in place. Stick the eyes on, and you’re done!